In episode #103, we examine the big, gray elephant in the room: The ready availability (for now, anyway) of a number of prescription pharmaceuticals for purchase over the Internet — by people without prescriptions. Attorney and Smart Drug Smarts alumnus Lawrence Walters joins Jesse for a no-holds-barred discussion on the continuing evolution of federal regulations on privacy and protection — along with the rise of BitCoin, the fall of Silk Road, and more. Whether you use the web for buying pharmaceuticals or just for plain ol’ facebooking, this is an episode that will be relevant to all.
Moving on to songs that get stuck in your head and refuse to move along… (see what I did there?) The solution to get these stubborn tunes off your brain might be simpler than you think. Stick around for the Ruthless Listener Retention Gimmick.
- 0:39 Cognitive enhancers and the letter of the law.
- 2:11 This Week In Neuroscience: Nature vs nurture – Brain evolution.
- 4:41 Audience interaction section.
- 6:42 Jesse welcomes Lawrence Walters back on Smart Drug Smarts.
- 8:13 Indictment against Fed Ex.
- 9:33 A disturbing trend.
- 11:08 Section 230 of the Communication Decency Act.
- 13:19 Operation Choke-point.
- 15:15 Emergence of Bitcoin.
- 16:44 Anonymity and routing around censorship.
- 17:16 Risks for individual consumers.
- 20:06 Transaction volumes on the dark web.
- 21:04 To buy or not to buy.
- 23:10 Conclusion and word of caution.
- 24:37 Ruthless Listener Retention Gimmick: Discard a tune stuck from your brain.